Tuesday 7 August 2012

Playing the Music Loud!


Hi There!
Its been a busy week around here (when is it not??) Getting ready for the New Rags market this weekend in Masterton, am so excited about this one! If you are in the area make sure you pop in and say hi! I have some new quilts and boots ready to (as well as some new Star Wars Bibs!)


Wool Boots!
A-Team Single Bed Quilt
Little Mermaid Single Bed Quilt
Star Wars Bibs


This week my newish machine (purchased 9 months ago- which has already been away for repair once for 6 weeks!) is playing up again!! So am trying to get this sorted once and for all with the company I purchased it from. In the mean time my LOVELY husband said...why don't you get another one?? WHAT?? Get one of those older more industrial ones?? WHAT?? Trust me I didn't wait around for him to change his mind! I have a new(old) Pfaff on its way!! Should be here tomorrow!! Whooohoooo!!
I really have discovered that I need 2 machines as with the amount of shows, custom orders etc that I have been getting I really can't be with out one!
Speaking of other shows I will also be at the Baby & Child Show on the 25th & 26th of August which I have a few quilts, bibs & boots to make for that as well!!  Check out more about them here http://www.babyandchildshow.co.nz/

The stress of my machine playing up, show prep, study etc triggered a migraine which I am still recovering from, and am hoping to be back to full steam tomorrow!

One thing that really helps to motivate me is music, I love to turn up my favourite music and sew sew sew! I used to play CD's or LP's (yes we have records!! HEAPS!!), and music is a big part of our lives, we love going to concerts, collecting records and listening to our favorite artists. You are probably thinking where is she going with this..... A few years ago we were in the States and some great friends introduced us to Pandora Radio (not the bracelet), where you can customize a radio station to your tastes! We came back to New Zealand and what do you know it didn't work here. We were so disappointed, but this weekend that all changed! Gabe got his PC magazine and there was an article in there about how it has started HERE!! We were so excited we both logged in (on our own computers) and signed up and started our stations, and then we yelled out to each other what artist we typed in first (He was in his Mancave & I was in my Sewing Cave). No word of a lie we both yelled out Bruce Springsteen. Great Minds huh!
It will play the artist you type in then it will play other artists similar and you give it thumbs up if you like it, and thumbs down if you don't. You can add variety by typing in other artists and sooo much more. Check it out if you like listening to music!! (and don't like the music played on the normal radio!!)...It is also FREE!!
They are not sponsoring me in any way to write about this....but if you want Pandora feel free to get in touch with me!! Start your station here.... http://www.pandora.com/

Any way I better get back to study and sewing!
Have a great week!!
Janell


1 comment:

  1. Love those star wars bibs!! And I will be trying Pandora out as soon as I am near my laptop :)

    ReplyDelete