Monday 30 July 2012

7 Random Facts

Hi there!

I thought its been over a year that I have been creating and selling stuff and thought I would let you know a little bit about me...not to much..just enough to keep you coming back!! lol

#1. I am 32. Sometimes I forget and think I am still 30, actually I feel like a 24 year old trapped in a 32 year old body.I also love being asked for ID, and have hugged people when they ask me.

Every trip I do something silly...
#2 .I am married to my high school sweetie! We have been together since we were 16, and got married 5 years ago. He is so supportive of my hairbrained ideas, laughs at my stupid jokes, makes me laugh and is a great helper at lugging my stuff to shows!
Alcatraz

#3. I used to work for the Warehouse, and was almost there for 10 years. I started there just when Gabe started his Degree in Chemical Engineering, after a year I was offered a Trainee Manager position and went through my training and eventually became an Assistant Store Manager. Once Gabe finished his degree he was offered a placement to do his PHD and once that was completed he did his post-doc research at Massey. He always told me I could go back to University whenever I wanted but I wasn't sure, then I started getting closer to the big 3-0, and thought I CANNOT do 10years at the warehouse, I already felt as though my soul had been sucked out so I did it. I handed in my notice and haven't looked back. In fact the thought of going in there makes me want to vomit! So now I am almost 1/2 way through a BA in History & Linguistics...what am I going to do with it? i don't know. Make quilts & boots??

One of the highlights of working for The Warehouse...Meeting All Blacks!!
#4.  JellieBellie was one of my childhood nicknames :) And I love to collect things (and Fabrics that remind me of my childhood!)
Snorks :)


#5. I love to travel! Luckily with Gabe's work and research it has enabled us to travel the world, he has had to travel (and take me with him!) for conferences, presentations, research and teaching.We have been so lucky and have been able to travel through America, England, Scotland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Singapore & Australia, we have meet so many wonderful people around the world that have become great friends that we miss dearly (if you reading this HI!!!).
Family Trip in Japan

#6. I love to cook! Especially food that reminds our of our travels! Mexican, American, Asian, Italian...anything!! The most requested meal from friends would be Pizza or buffalo wings!!
Buffalo Wings!!

#7. Thought I better put one random sewing fact in! I learnt to sew on my first sewing machine when I was 7 years old, it was a Christmas present from Santa! My Mum went on to teach me alot too, and still gives me sewing advise now "Janell you really shouldn't drink and sew".

Any way I better get back to the sewing machine I have a stack of boots to sew for the New Rags Market on the 11th of August! And some new quilts to start :)
Have a great week and hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about me!
Janell

2 comments:

  1. What a great glimpse into your world! Thanks for sharing Janell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete