Monday 23 July 2012

Another Market done!

Oh my what a weekend!! The Retro, Recycled and Restored market held at the Underground Market in Wellington last weekend was so much fun! It was so busy and filled with lovely stalls (so my husband tells me!) It was so busy I couldn't get away to look at all the goodies there, luckily the stall next to me had a whole pile of wool blankets that just had to come home with me- and are now being made into boots :)

Stall Set Up- Retro Market
The Muppet Baby & Fraggle rock quilts have now got new homes, and I have to admit I was a little upset to see the Fraggle Rock quilt go, but that means there is more room for new quilts! Over the next couple of weeks I will be making some new ones to go to the New Rags Market in Masterton on the 11th August. I think I should have time to make the following... A Team, Masters of the Universe, Little Mermaid and maybe one other??

Some Stock that went to Market
It was so neat to see so many people who loved my creations and really are getting behind the recycled goods! I think people enjoy my fabrics as it remind them of their childhoods. I had a couple of requests at this show-Please come back and can you find me some fabrics??- Garfield & Hong Kong Phooey- So far I have found some Garfield!! And also some Cabbage Patch Kids, Strawberry Shortcake, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Alf & Pacman!! Which ones of those would you most like me to get (I say all of them!!)
I also found New Kids on the Block, but think that could be going a little to far??

Recycled Wool Blanket Boots!
Any way I better get back to the sewing machine- there are 2 custom quilts to be done, custom boots to make, plus stock for the next market!
I look forward to hearing what fabrics you would like!!
Have a great week & keep smiling :)
Janell

3 comments:

  1. I love visiting that market when I'm in Wellington over the weekend. So much fab craftyness to soak in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boots are adorable. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool boots and stall, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete